5 Strategies To Maximize Your Small Office Space
July 3, 2019
The smaller your workplace, the more important it is that your office is efficient and organized. When you're working for long periods of time in limited square footage, it's all too easy for things to get out of whack.
To help you make the most out of your small workspace and keep the clutter under control, consider the following tips you can use to clear your cubicles and your head.
- Be less reliant on paper. Paper waste builds up in a small workplace. Even if you have a filing system that you can use, things can get lost. In fact, 7.5% of all paper documents are lost completely. Document management services help you rely less on paper while giving you more control over your documents.
- Organize like your work depends on it. Clutter is your nemesis in a small office space. Not only does it slow you down physically but mentally as well. To help get things under control, use hanging filing systems for your cubicle wall and stackable shelving on your desk. This will keep everything visible but out of your way and more organized.
- Think vertically. Small office spaces work similarly to small homes. What little square footage you have can be maximized by using the vertical space on your walls. Look into tall bookshelves or install organization systems that improve the efficiency of your workplace rather than making it feel clunky.
- Use cable tags. It can get confusing to have a million cables surrounding your desk and the floor around it. To keep things from getting tangled up, label each of the cables so you know which cord goes to which equipment.
- Get rid of inefficient printers. Managed print services can help you optimize your printing systems so you don't need to have multiple copiers and printers in your small workspace.
Interested in document management services for your office?
Up to 19.8% of business time is wasted by employees searching for information to do their jobs effectively. With document management services, all the information your employees need is right at their fingertips.
If you're looking to improve efficiency in your workplace and reduce paper waste, the electronic document management services at A and B Business Solutions is right for you. To learn more about our document management systems and other services, contact A and B Business Solutions today.